Heading into the election, Ballotpedia rated this race as safely Democratic. Incumbent John Conyers, Jr. (D) defeated Jeff Gorman (R), Tiffany Hayden (L), and Sam Johnson (Working Class) in the general election on November 8, 2016. Conyers defeated Janice Winfrey in the Democratic primary on August 2, 2016.
|U.S. House, Michigan District 13 General Election, 2016|
|Democratic||John Conyers, Jr. Incumbent||77.1%||198,771|
|Working Class||Sam Johnson||3.4%||8,835|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State|
|U.S. House, Michigan District 13 Democratic Primary, 2016|
|John Conyers Jr. Incumbent||60.8%||30,971|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State
Hayden made the following statement to Ballotpedia regarding her political philosophy:
Transparency and accountability are missing from government. I want to make all public spending visible and completely transparent. I also believe that the economy and citizens are being regulated to death. 
The link below is to the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms Tiffany Hayden Michigan Congress. These results are automatically generated from Google. Ballotpedia does not curate or endorse these articles.
- United States House of Representatives
- Michigan's 13th Congressional District election, 2016
- Michigan's 13th Congressional District
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2016 Michigan Candidate Listing," accessed June 26, 2016
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2016 Michigan Candidate Listing," accessed April 20, 2016
- Politico, "Michigan House Primaries Results," August 2, 2016
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2016 Michigan Candidate Listing," accessed September 6, 2016
- CNN, "Election Results," accessed November 8, 2016
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on August 8, 2016
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributable to the original source.